Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Builder fighting me on Robot

1. Back To Top    #1

Builder fighting me on Robot

Would him losing out on money be the only reason he would want me to stick with the Pentair?

He keeps arguing with me and I'm getting annoyed!
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Builder fighting me on Robot

Quote Originally Posted by amandahein3 View Post
    Would him losing out on money be the only reason he would want me to stick with the Pentair?

He keeps arguing with me and I'm getting annoyed!
    Remember, he works for you.

Get the robot, I love mine.
    13K Gallon IG Pool/Spa -- First time pool owners -- Completed in 2015 Caribbean Blue Pebble Tec Pentair 4000 Series 47 sq. ft. D.E. Filter Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump Pentair SWG Jandy LXi Heater 400,000 BTU S.R. Smith Typhoon Slide Pentair LED 12v Lights Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Cleaner TF-100 Test Kit
    Our Build Thread

3. Back To Top    #3

What are his arguments?
    Once you shoot each of them down you can have him do it your way.
    If his argument is good, you can still overrule him, it's your dime.
    Behind the scenes he may get more favorable package pricing on the total-pentair-package that he does not fully pass on to you.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

He has no real arguments. Just "I think you should go with the Pentair" and it doesn't do well with trees. We have no trees in our backyard. None. Neither do our neighbors.
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

5. Back To Top    #5

He needs to be reset.
    I think the PB technical support manual suggests:
    Give him a sharp palm smack to the forehead and in a commanding voice say "Snap out of it"
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

Lol I'm getting more frustrated as time goes on! This is the 3rd time I've asked the price difference and haven't gotten a number. I think he doesn't want to lose money but I'm going to reallocate it to the pool finish.

7. Back To Top    #7

The problem you are going to run into is that he is going to credit you the wholesale price of the Pentair and charge you retail for the finish upgrade. That is unless the Pentair had a line item cost in your contract.

I agree with others, he works for you

Love my robot!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

8. Back To Top    #8

Yeah I know but not much I can do. At this point any amount towards the finish is less cash I have to come up with.

9. Back To Top    #9

Ahhhh! I asked if he could get me that info tonight. His response? "Not sure"

This is at least the 3rd time I've asked.

10. Back To Top    #10

Just let him know that you are "not sure" when he will get the next check
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

11. Back To Top    #11

He hasn't gotten one check! Been raining too much

I responded with

Ok

I'm feeling a lot of push back on this from you. And not feeling like my question is ever going to get answered or addressed.

He responded with $875. Nothing more in the email.

Is that a decent price to get get credited?

12. Back To Top    #12

Someone else will have to tell you if it is a decent price credit, but I too would vote robot any day
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

13. Back To Top    #13

Is that the added price to get a robot or the amount credited back by NOT getting "the Pentair"?
    For that matter what cleaner was going to be included? Pentair makes a LOT of different cleaners.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

14. Back To Top    #14

Builder fighting me on Robot

No cleaner will be included. My brother in law manages a is a district manager of a pool store company and can get us a dolphin discounted.
    What model do you all suggest?

So that is what is credited for not getting a cleaner with him.

15. Back To Top    #15

Did you never bother to find out WHAT cleaner was going to be included? It must have been a pretty nice one for that price.
    Maybe it was a boosted pressure cleaner and now you do not need to pay for the addition pump and electrical, etc.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

16. Back To Top    #16

Get a Dolphin M5 or M500. Same unit updated. Forget the Pentair. My builder credited me 1400 on the entire setup for a Pentair 380.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

17. Back To Top    #17

Dang $1400 would have been great!

18. Back To Top    #18

Amanda, much of the credit has to do with what is coming off. It is very easy to look at a build sheet and price out what is coming off. Likely a cleaner and a booster pump. If that is the case, his amount may be a little light. Without more info, we can't be of too much assistance.
    New DIY IG pool in Houston, Texas. 4/30 dig to 6/11 fill. 20' x 42.5' free form pool/raised spa with the following equipment: 3hp Intelliflow pump shared between pool/spa, 120gpm Pentair Waterfall pump, 6' sheer decent, 2 bubblers, 2 large color LEDs in the pool/1 small in the spa, Easytouch 8 with ScreenLogic2, Stenner Pump, auto fill, a 2HP silencer pump for the spa, 850 sq. ft Sundeck, Dolphin Supreme M500 and a TF100+mixer

19. Back To Top    #19

I'm not gonna fight on getting more to come off. I don't have the energy.