Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HTH Green to Blue granules

1. Back To Top    #1

HTH Green to Blue granules

I used the HTH shock green to blue granules, and its been 5 days and still cant get all the granules off the bottom of pool, its 28,000 gallons and pump is 2 speed pump and has been alternating between low speed and high for days, i cleaned oit the cartridge filters twice, they were pretty clogged, any suggestions, i also have been brushing the sediment towards floor drains, and pole vacuums, but still a lot left, any ideas
    26k pool,ingrnd,pebble,c4000bh,cartridge hayward cx875re(4),2speed hayward selfpriming,severn,md,usa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HTH Green to Blue granules

We do not recommend the use of products like that ... no idea why they are not dissolved.

Why did you add that product? How does your water look?

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I am newbie, and bought it at Walmart, any suggestions on getting it out,water looks better, but the granules are at bottom,and looks bad
    26k pool,ingrnd,pebble,c4000bh,cartridge hayward cx875re(4),2speed hayward selfpriming,severn,md,usa

4. Back To Top    #4

You have to scoop them out, brush them around to dissolve, or vacuum them up.

What does "looks better" mean?

If you want to clear up the pool and take control, you need to invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits and follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process.

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I saved pool details to signature and city state,should be on there now

6. Back To Top    #6

Is it possible to run pump,without filters,and vacuum everything out

7. Back To Top    #7

it looks like drains are pulling it, but its coming right back out in the return

8. Back To Top    #8

filters after rinsing 2 days in a row, and i cleaned pretty good, just with hose

9. Back To Top    #9

Im getting ready to clean again, it seems the granule shock from the hth green to blie,is clogging it up bad

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

It appears you are trying to clear algae from your pool with filtration......not chlorine? Do you test your water? Can you post current test results?

We can help you fix that pool but your first step will be providing us (and you) with adequate test results.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

Dave is correct, filters will never fix a chemistry problem.

You need one of our recommended test kits and to SLAM that pool. Stay out of pool stores as they will not be your salvation. Nor will miracle fix it potions. Lots of chlorine will clear that pool.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

12. Back To Top    #12

I am going to order the reccomended test kit online, is there a reccomended place to buy one on the mean time, i cheap test strips for now, and shows the ph at normal 7.2, i added ph decreaser 2 nighrs ago, and it brought it down to good level, the bromine level is bad (is that chlorine) but the other levels looked normal

13. Back To Top    #13

The granules at the bottome of pool,is from the cheap hth shock qrape, i just cleaned filters and started vacuming, it got a lot more oit, but then it started shooting the same dust cloud back into pool inlets, i believe i found a backflush vlave to hook up a hose, before the filter and tommorrow vaccume out the granules to waste instead of through filter

14. Back To Top    #14

Forget about the test strips. Just wait for the good test kit.

You should not have any bromine in your pool ... that is a different sanitizing method.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

15. Back To Top    #15

Ok, i will wait on the real kit

16. Back To Top    #16

More info on cleaning your cartridges here, Re: How to clean a cartridge filter
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

17. Back To Top    #17

Howdy "neighbor". If you get your TF100 and follow the advice here to clear up your pool then your pool will have a beautiful sparkle and be properly sanitized. It can take some work to get it all cleaned up but the reward is well worth it and cheaper to maintain than going to pool stores. I hope you follow the advice here.
    TF-100 Test Kit
    22,000 gallon, 20x40 kidney-shape IG plaster pool built in 1986
    Nautilus NS-36 DE filter, Hayward Self Prime Super Pump 1HP
    Polaris Automatic Pool Cleaner, PB4-60 3/4 HP pump