Solartouch error message

jayjayaz

Oct 25, 2012
Southern CA
Hello-

This morning my solartouch had the following error message "pump alarm solar paused" and a red blinking light. The owners manual offered no solutions, so I turned the solartouch off and then back on and it corrected the problem and it's now functioning correctly. This is the first time I've had this error message after installing the solartouch about three months ago; does anyone know why it occurred and what I should do if it happens again? Other then this one incident, it is working well with the inteliflow VS pump.

Thank you

Hmmmm, that is weird, I've never seen that before either in over a year. Maybe year and a half, I can't remember when I installed the Solartouch. The only thing I can think is maybe a power outage and the pump and Solartouch did not start back up in the right order.

These messages were added in the firmware version 2.0 release notes. Here is the info about them:

Added two more error messages:
• - 1. “Pump Alarm Solar Paused” alarm will display when the IntelliFlo has been manually stopped or has stopped on its own.
• - 2.“IntelliFlo Pump Com Lost” alarm will display when the IntelliFlo communication cable is not properly connected or if power is lost to the IntelliFlo pump.

Power outage must be it. Every once in a while, like 1-2x per year, my pump will power up after an outage in stop mode instead of in speed 1 mode which is normal. That must trigger the error in the Solartouch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.