Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: setting up pool forfirst time

1. Back To Top    #1

setting up pool forfirst time

hi,everyone. I am trying to set up an intex pool 16x48 ultra frame. I thought i had my ground level after days of digging. I set the pool up last night and began to fill i then checked it after 1.5 hours. The deepest spot has 5.5 inches ofwater and the shallow has 3 inches.I shut off the water .MY question is do i have to empty it and move it to dig more, or would it be possible to have someone move the shallow end of the liner up while i dig under. Im thinking it will be too heavy and impossible any ideas?
    16x48 intex ultra pool metal fame

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: setting up pool forfirst time

personally i would empty it, i doubt you can move it . My saying is " DO it right the first time"
    Intex Ultra Frame 16'x48" sand filter w/intex SWG.
    Pool Blaster Max Vacuum
    3rd year with Intex and no problems
    Pentair Mastertemp BTU 125/ propane
    Taylor K2006 Complete FAS-DPD

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree, best to empty and re-level. The last thing you want to do with your investment is take a chance of damaging the liner while trying to fumble with the liner and level at the same time. Not to mention that once you get started, there's no telling how much earth you will really need to excavate to get it where you want. It all starts at the bottom, and need that spot-on before you go any further. You might also consider searching this forum (from the home page search box) about other AG pool leveling threads. There may be some other items of interest that help you before the ground is covered and pool filled. Best of luck!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks so much i figured i would have to empty it . Ive spent so much time leveling the ground already thought it was level. but it was super bad to start with my yard is bad all over chose this spot because it gets the most sun.
    16x48 intex ultra pool metal fame

5. Back To Top    #5

Having spent some time on TFP myself, I know this subject is in the TFP forum (search option) and I would still recommend doing a search for AG builds and leveling. There are so many lessons-learned on this site, you may be surprised what else you may learn (or may have possibly missed) before setting-up the pool a 2nd time. In either case, I hope you get it filled soon and have a great swimming season.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Here's a tip for you. Once you think you have it leveled, spray water onto it until it pools up. This makes it very easy to see the high and low spots.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation