setting up pool forfirst time

smc995

Jun 4, 2015
galesburg illinois
hi,everyone. I am trying to set up an intex pool 16x48 ultra frame. I thought i had my ground level after days of digging. I set the pool up last night and began to fill i then checked it after 1.5 hours. The deepest spot has 5.5 inches ofwater and the shallow has 3 inches.I shut off the water .MY question is do i have to empty it and move it to dig more, or would it be possible to have someone move the shallow end of the liner up while i dig under. Im thinking it will be too heavy and impossible any ideas?

I agree, best to empty and re-level. The last thing you want to do with your investment is take a chance of damaging the liner while trying to fumble with the liner and level at the same time. Not to mention that once you get started, there's no telling how much earth you will really need to excavate to get it where you want. It all starts at the bottom, and need that spot-on before you go any further. You might also consider searching this forum (from the home page search box) about other AG pool leveling threads. There may be some other items of interest that help you before the ground is covered and pool filled. Best of luck!

Having spent some time on TFP myself, I know this subject is in the TFP forum (search option) and I would still recommend doing a search for AG builds and leveling. There are so many lessons-learned on this site, you may be surprised what else you may learn (or may have possibly missed) before setting-up the pool a 2nd time. :) In either case, I hope you get it filled soon and have a great swimming season.

Here's a tip for you. Once you think you have it leveled, spray water onto it until it pools up. This makes it very easy to see the high and low spots.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.