HELP! i need hubby on board for a heater....

I so want a pool heater for my intex pool and i've seen and read so many people here who have done it with their intex pools but hubby refuses to get one #1 reason-he doesnt want to dig up all our interlock-landscaping to run a gas line...i wish i knew someone who could just drill holes in the ground and doesnt have to disturb all our foundation-surroundings. I'm so frustrated, this solar heater I have just doesn't do it, personally i find it useless :mad:and the weather here in Toronto isnt always hot, it fluctuates. The normal temp of my pool is 75F i would love it to be over 85F i think that would perfect. Out of the past 2 seaons i've seen my pool temp to be 90F only once.

If only there was such a thing as drilling holes to run a gas line and not disturbing the ground etc....well of course unless there is and I just dont know.

PLease help any ideas would be great....:(

Yes, it runs off of an aboveground tank. The size of the tank is up to you. The bigger it is, the less often you'll have to fill it. If you get one that is too large to be portable, there are companies that will come to your house to refill it for you.

I don't have one, so I have no idea how long you can run off of the typical BBQ grill sized tank. Probably not too long. Maybe someone who has one can chime in, or you can google it. I just know that they do exist.

Is your basement finished? I ran from my meter to the inside of the basement and out another section of the basement to the yard.

Call a gas guy in for a quote and let them know what challenges you have.

I am 45 minutes west of TO and without a heater we would essentially lose at least two months of the swim season.

Is your basement finished? I ran from my meter to the inside of the basement and out another section of the basement to the yard.

Call a gas guy in for a quote and let them know what challenges you have.

I am 45 minutes west of TO and without a heater we would essentially lose at least two months of the swim season.

I want hubby to agree to call in a gas guy before i actually do, but he's stubborn i guess lol but i agree it's really only 2months swim season and personally i would love to go in now but the water is too **** cold.

I'm gonna keep trying..i even thought of buying a heat pump heater but if we are talking about price wise gas is waaaay much cheaper than electricity....this will be our 3rd year with this pool and personally i love it and so do our 3 kids. I'm actually one who maintains the pool etc but I want him to agree for a gas pool heater....i guess i'm beating a dead dog lol but just give me all the +ive vibes and hopefully he eventually gives in...as for now I will have to work with that i have...

thanks guys for hearing me vent...I really honestly love this site

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.