Settings for VS ePump on iAqualink

Feb 23, 2015
Fairfax, CA
Hi All,

As I have mentioned in another thread on pool cleaners, I recently upgraded a lot of my pool equipment including adding automation (iAqualink). Now that everything is up and running, I want to start setting up a schedule and pump speed setting. My pool is an inground kindey, roughly 11k gallons. It has a jandy SWG, RayPak NG heater and, Jandy VS 2 HP ePump. I also installed two, 2' waterfalls.

What I would like to do is start setting up the variable speeds for the pump to account for the SWG, filtration and heating. I currently have an AUX set for the waterfalls for the pump at 3400 RPMs with no heat so I think I am set there. Any suggestions on settings/schedule for regular cycles?

At 3400 RPM, my pool is pushing about 75 GPM, at 1750 RPM, its down to about 45-50 GPM if I remember correctly.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It takes some trial and error to figure out the best flow rate for skimming and SWG. I ended up at 1100rpm which draws 150 watts, to give me good skimming and enough flow to make the SWG happy, even if the filter is getting clogged up. My SWG is connected to its own time because I almost always need more skimming than SWGing. My Solartouch turns the pump up to 1950 rom when solar heat is available. I don't know what the optimum flow is for your heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.