Dynamo Pool Pump Wiring To Timer Box

Jun 4, 2015
Houston, tx
Hi everyone! I've learned so much reading the threads here. Now i have a question [emoji1] we had the liner replaced in our in ground pool and decided to convert from salt water to chlorine . Well the timer we would like to use requires the pump to be wired in (vs plugged in like the salt system). My question is if anyone can tell me which wire goes into which screw slot on the timer itself. We have 3 wires coming from the pump (red, black, green). The timer is already wired to get power from the breaker but we need to reattach the pump. I hope this makes sense! Ive attached a pic of the timer for reference. Thanks in advance!
5acf883a8b6b605328c23382c65ec6c8.jpg

Welcome to TFP.

We need a little more info in order to get it right for you.

1. Is the pump 120 or 240 volts?
2. Was it hooked to this timer before?

There appears to be something already hooked to the timer, but it's hard to tell with the cover in place. Can you move the terminal cover and post another pic?

It was hooked to this timer before but was converted to a salt cell and now we have purchased the home and would like to put it back. Heres a couple of new pics. From left to right.....first 2 screws have lines coming from the breaker to power the timer. The last 3 screws are empty at the time. 3 wires are coming from the pump. Green, red, black. Need to know which screw gets which wire. Thanks!

Since it's a T104 it should be 240 volts. If so, Green goes to the grounding terminal in the bottom of the timer box, Black goes to terminal "A" and Red goes to terminal "2".

Having said that, the wires sticking out of the timer box unconnected look like red white and green to me, but my monitor (or my eyes) could be screwed up.

If it is a white wire, then it goes to "A" instead of the black I said earlier.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The way they have it wired they're only switching one leg of the power to the pump. While I'm not a fan of doing that, it's common practice.

So yes, terminals 3 & 4 won't have anything connected to them.

Just be aware that one leg at the pump will still have power on it even when the timer is off. You have to open (turn off) the breaker in order to kill all power to the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.