Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New build to get started in South Carollina

1. Back To Top    #1

New build to get started in South Carollina

Greetings all! We pulled the trigger, signed the contract and now are just waiting for the digging to start.
    We have been told with a little luck anytime between Friday and well... next Friday. Supposedly 2 - 3 weeks
    from start to finish. I have already ordered the TF-100 test kit and reading "Pool School". Looking forward
    to being a part of the community. Below is what we decided on.

Our_Pool.jpg
    Gene
    Lazy L IG Vinyl pool, Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair Intelliflo 3hp VS pump, Pentair 320 Cartridge Filter, Easytouch, TF100 test kit, Intellibrite 5G led lights, 28K gallons well water, Sundance Hot tub separate, stubbed out for future water feature.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New build to get started in South Carollina

TF-100 and Pool School ... CHECK! That's great to hear already. Congrats on your new investment. Look forward to seeing pics later.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!

Looking forward to photos.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

We got the word today that, barring inclement weather they will be here to dig on Tuesday.
    Will have wife take pictures. This is getting exciting now.
    Gene
    Lazy L IG Vinyl pool, Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair Intelliflo 3hp VS pump, Pentair 320 Cartridge Filter, Easytouch, TF100 test kit, Intellibrite 5G led lights, 28K gallons well water, Sundance Hot tub separate, stubbed out for future water feature.

5. Back To Top    #5

Congrats on the new pool in the works. You'll LOVE it!

Since I see you're going to be using well water, you might want to give that new test kit a go and test your well water to get a baseline. And if possible, perhaps via taking a sample in to a pool store (but NOT buying anything yet) can you determine if you have metals in your well water?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Congrats on the new pool in the works. You'll LOVE it!

Since I see you're going to be using well water, you might want to give that new test kit a go and test your well water to get a baseline. And if possible, perhaps via taking a sample in to a pool store (but NOT buying anything yet) can you determine if you have metals in your well water?
    YippySkippy,

We took samples to 2 pool stores and sent a sample off already for independent testing.
    Both pool stores ran their test and said our iron was 3% but no copper and ph was good.
    We will see when the independent test come back. I should of gotten a print out from the pool stores.

Still excited about beginning the build on Tuesday.
    Gene

7. Back To Top    #7

We have a hole in our backyard. 18468059350_ae7bbe74e1_o.jpg
    Gene