Scum/Foam Problem - Possibly the Algaecide???

I have had my pool 27 years trouble free. For chemicals I just used chlorine and did not worry about the balance of the rest. This year Superior, Nepean On opened it up. Never used them before but now I have the scum and foam plus water leaks at the filter which they created. Had to get my own plumber in to fix it. They have left me stranded as they only have voice mail and never respond to it. Now what do I do?

Hi Pauline, welcome to the forum. Have you tried removing the scum or foam with your pole skimmer? Another idea is putting skimmer socks on your skimmer basket, which they may have at pool store or canadian tire. Eventually the chlorine will break down the algaecide, but you may need to add extra chlorine until its gone.

If you are interested in the pool methods recommended here, there are lots of articles linked above in pool school.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.