sand in pool

Jun 4, 2015
Mt Zion, Il
I was using a bag of sand to weigh down my ladder and it broke open. I talked to my pool dealer and he said to just vacuum it to waste. I vacuumed it up to waste and then went to put the filter back to filter. The valve would barely turn- you could feel sand in it. Then I noticed the strainer basket and pump basket were full of sand. I cleaned all that out and backwashed the filter, Then I was testing the valve and put in it recirculate for about 30 seconds to see how the valve felt.(not sure why I did this, but I did). then I put it to rinse and then to filter. Everything looked and sounded fine. Now several hours later the system is making a loud noise. I turned off the pump since it is night out and too dark to work on it. The pump was still moving water- it was just making a loud noise. I am guessing I have sand in my heater?? or somewhere that is causing pressure buildup. Any advice on where to start. If it is in the heater-how can I clean that?

Help!
Julie

21' above ground
minimax 100 heater
sand filter with pump

Sorry about your pump problems, I can not help you with that.
But for your next time to weigh down your steps, ...
I have bleach bottles filled with rocks and bleach water under my steps. Also some PVC pipes filled with concrete and capped on both sides.
No busted sand bags for me!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.