Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First test - question

1. Back To Top    #1

Question First test - question

I just got my TF100 and started to test. After putting the powder in nothing happened (no pink = no Cl). So I tested pH, which was 8.5. At this point I looked at the chart and added 1lb+ of dry acid (left over, switching from this point on to muriatic) and 20oz of 10% liquid chlorine.

My plan is to get pH down to 7.2 and some level of chlorine to register so I can continue with the testing. In the morning I will hopefully have a full set of results.

Let me know if I am way off base or if I'm heading in the right direction. I'll post in the morning with full results if my chlorine comes up.
    Round Frame Pool 15' x 42" (app. 3800 gallons) converted to Krystal Clear 2800 GPH .75 HP (conversion thread Here all the links/info you will need are within), TF100 Test Kit with speed stirrer. My first SLAM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First test - question

Your FC is 0ppm, but there is no reason that you can not test everything.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

K1000 Results:
    pH 7.3
    CL 3

TF100 Results:
    FC 5
    CC 0.5
    TC 5.5
    CH 50
    TA 70
    CYA 40

I think my levels are all in good shape. So now I just monitor the pH (muriatic) and chlorine (10%) levels regularly and maintain...Does anyone see any adjustments I should make or any possible issues in the future I may come across. Maybe I am analyzing all wrong and you guys are going to take me to school .

thank you for being here!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Your FC is 0ppm, but there is no reason that you can not test everything.
    Thanks for the tip. As soon as you said that I hit my head against a wall and said "oh yeah, duh." How's it looking this morning? I think pretty good.?.
    Round Frame Pool 15' x 42" (app. 3800 gallons) converted to Krystal Clear 2800 GPH .75 HP (conversion thread Here all the links/info you will need are within), TF100 Test Kit with speed stirrer. My first SLAM

4. Back To Top    #4

Does no answer mean I am all set?

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks fine. Just watch the FC and pH levels more often than the rest.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

looking at your numbers and if water is clear, I would say your looking good.
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by lefty51 View Post
    looking at your numbers and if water is clear, I would say your looking good.

Awesome, thank you for the confirmation.

8. Back To Top    #8

Set your chlorine level based on your CYA level and the Chlorine CYA Chart

Here are the Recommended Levels for your pool. Use PoolMath to calculate how much of the Recommended Pool Chemicals to add to balance your pool water.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach