Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is spec for replacement o ring for Pentair water temperature sensor?

1. Back To Top    #1

What is spec for replacement o ring for Pentair water temperature sensor?

Successfully re-plumbed the entire pool equipment pad - pump, filter, heater and salt cell, including new unions and adding a bypass loop and valve for the heater - in one sitting, without a single misstep, in less than an hour. Was not expecting that. One problem - a slow, one drop/minute leak from water temp sensor. I'm sure a new o-ring will stop that (the original o-ring is 8 years old) but cannot locate a diagram or parts list for the o ring. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is spec for replacement o ring for Pentair water temperature sensor?

Take it to Ace hardware and find a similar one.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Take it to Ace hardware and find a similar one.
    Ditto. You'll pay $.32 at the hardware store and $4 if you try to order the actual part number. Plus shipping most likely. I lost the o-ring on my booster pump drain over the winter. $.29.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Was the same thing - no Ace in town here, but I'll look elsewhere!