Getting ready for first SLAM

Will do. Work has been getting in the way... so, 3:30 (after bumping to 20 ppm @ 11:30) FC9.5, CC .5. I should be able to check at a minimum every two hours for a bit. So chlorine is still going fast but the cc seems to moving down.

getting there. Lost 6 PPM last night. from 12 down to 6. CC are holding at a trace .5 or less. I put up to 20 this morning and will see how it goes. Question. At what FC level is it ok to swim? (The weather is going to be great tomorrow - I am hopeful).

getting there. Lost 6 PPM last night. from 12 down to 6. CC are holding at a trace .5 or less. I put up to 20 this morning and will see how it goes. Question. At what FC level is it ok to swim? (The weather is going to be great tomorrow - I am hopeful).

You can swim with FC levels below SLAM level. However, if your pool is cloudy you do not want to swim and you will lose ground on your SLAM if you let it drop below level

I think you are correct. I do suspect I am either VERY close or on top of it now. it is sunny and I have only lost 3.5 fc and cc is lat a trace in about 4 hours. Pool is crystal clear. Again THANK YOU all for encouragement, etc. Pics soon (if I ever get done with the chore list).

IMG_0345.JPGWell, I can't figure out how to rotate. Anyway - here is the re-habed pool. Becasue of all the help I received this past week we were able to swim today. My wife is very happy. Which make me happy. Slam went well. Just as advertised.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
AZ girl I did pass! lost 1 FC over night and just a trace of CC. I believe it was largely ammonia but whatever it is / was it is gone. Just waiting for the chlorine to "drift" down. It is taking a bit. Even with sunshine and a pretty full pool. Now I need to work on PH and TA. PH is ok at 7.2 but TA is a little high at 120. Won't be able to do much till next weekend though.

Good deal! TA at 120 is ok. It will cause your PH to drift up so check regularly and when it gets to 7.8 lower it 7.2-7.4. This will cause TA to drift down slowly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.