Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Happy with our Intex AGP - up for a year

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Happy with our Intex AGP - up for a year

Last year at this time my husband and I were just installing our 16' x 48" Intex AGP. We left it up, covered and running the Intex SWG through the mild southern CA winter. The water has been clear, no problem with chemistry. I may have cleaned the filter and SWG once or twice during the winter. I think we did everything right and the pool has been delightful.
    16' x 48" 5000 gal. Intex Ultra Frame AG Pool, Los Angeles, CA
    Hayward Full-Flow Cartridge Filter System with 2 Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump,
    Intex SWG, Intex Wall Mount Surface Skimmer, Solar cover & Solar Roller,
    Confer Plastics A-Frame 7200 Adjustable Roll-Guard Safety Ladder,
    Kokido SkoobaMax Vac, Custom Canine entry & exit ramps,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Happy with our Intex AGP - up for a year

Congrats! It's so nice to enjoy the pool instead of fighting with it.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I think it's better, not to mention easier, to leave these pools up year-round. Less wear and tear on them. I think most of the small punctures in them are the result of taking them down and moving them around. I'm going to leave mine up and see how long it lasts. I got 3 years out of the previous one before it rusted out, but I took it down over the winter too.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

4. Back To Top    #4

Alright! Here's to year two!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchap View Post
    I think it's better, not to mention easier, to leave these pools up year-round. Less wear and tear on them. I think most of the small punctures in them are the result of taking them down and moving them around. I'm going to leave mine up and see how long it lasts. I got 3 years out of the previous one before it rusted out, but I took it down over the winter too.
    i wish i had that option but seriously, this past winter was bad not so much with snow but friggen cold etc and i'm afraid of ice and poking through the lining, so it's been 3 yrs and i have been storing away I just feel much more safe this way.
    Intex Ultra Frame 16'x48" sand filter w/intex SWG.
    Pool Blaster Max Vacuum
    3rd year with Intex and no problems
    Pentair Mastertemp BTU 125/ propane
    Taylor K2006 Complete FAS-DPD

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm going on my 3rd year with mine through 2 very cold snowy winters. Left it up all winter after closing when the water temp dropped below 50. Drained pool to just below the lowest plumbing hole, removed the hoses and pump and drained the sand filter. Tied three truck innertubes together and attached to the sides of the pool so they would stay in the middle, covered with a mesh cover. Pool was pretty much frozen solid and covered with snow all winter, no problems with the liner. Opened up when water temp got to around 50 to a perfectly clear pool.
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter