Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex SWG low flow alert

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex SWG low flow alert

I have changed filters, cleaned the little flapper in the intake side of my Krystal Clear SWG system, and even hooked up another pump to the pool. I have water flow like a fire hose, and the SWG still beeps and shuts down after about 20 seconds with a low flow signal. Does anyone have any ideas on why I would have this problem when I have sufficient water flow.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex SWG low flow alert

Hi, welcome to TFP! First make sure the cylinder is connected so the flow of water from the pump pushes the flapper open. I believe there are arrows molded into the cylinder to show the flow of water. Those arrows should point in the same direction as the flow of water into the pool. How long have you had this unit?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Usually mine did that when the cell needed to be cleaned. Use diluted muriatic acid or vinegar.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for responding zea3. I used the same system last year and it worked fine. It is connected the right way which is what made this puzzling to me.

- - - Updated - - -

How do I clean the cell with vinegar?
    Above ground 36"x16' Intex with Intex Krystal Clear SWG system

5. Back To Top    #5

It came with a cap to close off one end of the cell, remove the cell, cap it, fill with vinegar and let it dissolve any build up, rinse, repeat until clean.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks pooldv, I appreciate the info. I will post my results.

7. Back To Top    #7

This is the first time my computer would let me log back on this site. I filled my SWG with vinegar and let it soak for a day. I reconnected it to the pool, and still have the same results. It will run and produce for about 20-30sec and then quits and displays low flow. Should I pull the ceramic looking thing out and brush it with vinegar?