Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: White rubbery buildup at waterline?

1. Back To Top    #1

White rubbery buildup at waterline?

Our pool build just wrapped up about 3 weeks ago. I got in tonight for the first time and noticed a white buildup on the waterline tiles. It had a rubbery feel and came off fairly easily when I rubbed it with my fingers. What was it? Calcium?
    8000 gallon, finished 6/15, IG, Plaster (Diamond Brite Midnight Blue), Sand Filter, Pentair, HTH 6 way test kit, SWG, filled with city water

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: White rubbery buildup at waterline?

My guess is calcium build up. However, I have never seen it rubbery.

Do you have a recommended test kit yet? If so please post a full set of numbers.

If you could also go to settings and update your signature with your pool and equipment info that would be great.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Okay. I'll do that. I don't have a recommended test kit yet. I need to order one this week.
    8000 gallon, finished 6/15, IG, Plaster (Diamond Brite Midnight Blue), Sand Filter, Pentair, HTH 6 way test kit, SWG, filled with city water

4. Back To Top    #4

I had the same time thing with mine. I'm not sure what it was, but I will try to ask my PB.
    16x24 shotcrete pool with plaster; ~ 11,000 gallons; Hayward MaxFlo XL 1 hp pump; Hayward Pro-Series Top Mount Sand Filter; Hayward Turbocell SWG; Hayward ColorLogic LED light; Hayward AquaPlus Automation Panel; TF 100 Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Aloha76 View Post
    I had the same time thing with mine. I'm not sure what it was, but I will try to ask my PB.
    Thanks!

6. Back To Top    #6

Could it possibly be pollen? Are the window sills, patio furniture or parked cars covered with it?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Could it possibly be pollen? Are the window sills, patio furniture or parked cars covered with it?
    I don't think so. It wasn't yellow at all. I'm in Arkansas and the pollen had mostly all fallen before we finished thr pool. I should have taken pics. If I see it again, I will.