Pump Help - Losing suction

theskydiveguy

Feb 20, 2013
Peterborough, ON
Hi Guys,

Ok - so I built a new pool shed this spring and changed my plumbing adding about 8' of intake pipe (From where the return line comes out of the ground - to the pump) there are also 2 90 degree joints in that run. I can get prime even with an almost empty pump basket but as soon as I connect my Kreepy Crawly or my manual vacuum hose I lose suction - the pump tires to keep priming .. almost primes .. then blamo a dry pump until I unplug the hose and it re-primes itself.

I have also checked every connection - added glue just incase etc.. Tightened everything all over again etc.. There is a small bubble of air in the pump but no bubbles coming into the pool from the return jets.

I assume that my 3/4hp is too small for the new configuration - but I just wanted to check here first.

Thanks guys,

~J.

Did the pump used to work fine?

It does not sound like anything you changed should have had much of an impact on the pump's performance. Can you add pictures of your plumbing?

Are you getting all the air out of the hoses before you attach them? Are you running them through the skimmer of a dedicated pool suction port?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.