New to TFP

sld003

Jun 3, 2015
White Plains
Renting a house with a pool and opened to a green mess.....read this forum first (thank god).

I don't have the good test kit yet - have it ordered. But was a nice shade of emerald green and I know there are leaves under there some where! Just can see them yet, have scooped out as much as we could without seeing whats going on.

I have added the Stabilizer and liquid shock. Had to backwash every hour so moved to recirculate for 2 days - water is blue but cloudy. Back washed and moved to filter for 2 days. I think I am on the right track.

Readings with kit I have are as follows:

FC - 5
PH - 7.5
TA - 120
CYA - 20

What's next???

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TFP!

If you have already ordered the kit, I would maintain the status-quo until it arrives which should be in a matter of a couple of days . In the meantime, I would remove as much debris from the pool as you can and stock up on plain, unscented liquid bleach without any added thickeners. You will need it for the SLAM Process - a process you will start once your new test kit arrives.

When your test kit arrives, take a full suite of tests and post them here and we will get you started.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.