Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

New to TFP

Renting a house with a pool and opened to a green mess.....read this forum first (thank god).

I don't have the good test kit yet - have it ordered. But was a nice shade of emerald green and I know there are leaves under there some where! Just can see them yet, have scooped out as much as we could without seeing whats going on.

I have added the Stabilizer and liquid shock. Had to backwash every hour so moved to recirculate for 2 days - water is blue but cloudy. Back washed and moved to filter for 2 days. I think I am on the right track.

Readings with kit I have are as follows:

FC - 5
    PH - 7.5
    TA - 120
    CYA - 20

What's next???

Thanks in advance!
    Stacey
    33,000 / IG / Vinyl / Sand / Hayward Pro Series S210T / Jacuzzi Magnum Force

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to TFP

Welcome to TFP!

If you have already ordered the kit, I would maintain the status-quo until it arrives which should be in a matter of a couple of days . In the meantime, I would remove as much debris from the pool as you can and stock up on plain, unscented liquid bleach without any added thickeners. You will need it for the SLAM - a process you will start once your new test kit arrives.

When your test kit arrives, take a full suite of tests and post them here and we will get you started.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you!!!
    Stacey
    33,000 / IG / Vinyl / Sand / Hayward Pro Series S210T / Jacuzzi Magnum Force

4. Back To Top    #4

You're very welcome. We help you get that pool cleared up!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome!

Pictures would be nice. If you do a good job going from a swamp to an inviting oasis, you could end up in my Inspirational Links thread.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!