Sandpump Filter question

First, it might not be sand. It could be pollen or very fine silt (if you've recently had rain). One way to test is by brushing. If it fluffs up and disappears it's not sand. OTOH, if it moves along with the brush or feels gritty, then it could very well be sand.

If it is sand, it could be a broken lateral in the sand filter. A common telltale sign of this would be piles of sand about a foot or so from a return. The sand is so heavy is makes it only a foot or so before falling and piling up on the floor.

Post a pic if you can - it would definitely help us diagnose.

ok we did get alot of rain so maybe it was that because like you said it disappears when i brush it but i definitely will take a pic when i see it again. Right now my pool is cleaned since i vacuumed it and then put the solar cover on, i just took the cover off and still looks clean but that's also because my pump hasnt been on yet...but once the pump is on i will try to take a pic. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.