Bought a house and got a pool

Aren't you supposed to be following the SLAM process? If the FC was that low last night, why did you wait 12 hours before considering adding more chlorine? Not keeping the FC at shock level is just making the process take much longer.

I don't know how you can say what your CYA level is because you keep stating that the dot never disappears. When the dot disappears, that is when you look at the numbers on the side of the tube, not before.

If your pool is green and you are SLAMming that means you are killing off algae. and if your clean PSI has increased by 20-25% you should clean your filter I believe (though I have a sand filter so I'm not familiar with the cartridge filter method). and if you are SLAMming you need to maintain enough chlorine in your pool to maintain your minimum shock level as much as you can through out the day... but i'm fairly new to this too so my opinions could be moot...:confused::eek:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No, can't backwash it. Have to open it up and hose of the cartridges. If the water flow is noticeably less from the pool returns then I would clean it. It went up 10 PSI, from what pressure? If it is up 25% then go ahead and clean it.

I put in 20 gal of bleach in the last week two three times a day

- - - Updated - - -

The water is clear at the lower end but the deep end is like a dark blue. I brush 1-2 times a day and scooped everything that I could with the net. All that is
left is the dead algae.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support