Bought a house and got a pool

I just added some CYA.
I added 2 gals of 6% bleach and 1 lb of pool shock with calcium hypochlorite 68%.
My shock FC 10.
My testing may need some work. I may have to take the water in for testing.

- - - Updated - - -

I had bought the stuff before I joined TFP and ran out of bleach.
You are right on the water is cloudy.

Yep, post the pool store test results in the BBQ forum. :mrgreen: we only want to see your test results. No matter how unsure you are of your testing skills we like it better than the pool store.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Probably should add 20ppm more CYA. Yes, 10ppm FC for 10 CYA. Brush the pool walls.

No, don't adjust anything else during the SLAM. We can fix those after. And actually your numbers look pretty good anyway.

Bill, last night's FC was only 3, and by now you've probably lost a little more. 50 oz of (6%) bleach only goes-up about 1 ppm for your size pool, so I would recommend adding 1 full gallon (121 oz) of "8.25%" bleach at the grocery store. If you only have 6% available, it would be 175 OZ. That would take your FC up to about 6, but again I think you already lost some today, and you want to stay around 4-5.

For the PH, I got 74 OZ, so we're both close enough. :)

Hope that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Eventually you might consider increasing your CYA level (once you know it has leveled-off) from about 30 to 40. That might protect your FC (good chlorine) a bit more. But wait until your CYA has a chance to show-up on your tests in a few days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support