Aquapure Tr-Sensor replaced with Bi-Sensor??

Jun 3, 2015
Bel Air, MD
In my third season of pool ownership. Last week, I got a 170 code on my Aquapure 1400. If I disconnected the sensor, the error went away. It's under warranty so called the installer who today came out and put in a new sensor. I was not here when he stopped by.

I looked and the new sensor only has two silver contacts and in-line with the wiring is a gray Sensor Interface Control that is about 1.5"x2"x1/4 in size. This is NOT the small daughter board that I had before. It is outside the gray control box and has a single button and three LEDs indicating Program A, Program B and Flow.

I arrive home and low and behold, I find a No Flow indication on the main LCD display. No instructions for this new interface. Regardless, I let the pump run for 5 mins and then pressed the single button on this external controller. Still No Flow.

Soooooo... is this new Bi-Sensor 'sensor' a replacement for the Tri-Sensor sensor or do I have the wrong thing installed here?

My pool chemistry is good and I'm cranking the pump but still getting No Flow on the LCD.

Pool is 16,000 gallon plaster in-ground.

Thanks.

Steve G

Ok, I fixed it. Some back story - to stop the panel beeping, I removed the jumper that enables the buzzer. I left instructions for the tech to put it back when he was complete. He failed to do that but also, the jumper was not left in the box.

I couldn't figure that out so I figured maybe, just maybe, he put the jumper back in the wrong place.

So there is a set of pins labelled 'Mechanical Sensor Enable/Disable'. Yup, you guessed it, the tech had put the jumper on 'Enable' which apparently bypasses the regular sensor.

I removed it and everything lit up as it should. I put the jumper back on the buzzer enable.

I also asked for the tech to set the Aquapure to 100% with a post it note. He did not do that.

This is a large nationwide pool company. Being in a service industry myself, this is scary that they depend on folks like this guy to do their service work.

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.