Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leaky GloBrite

1. Back To Top    #1

San Jose, CA

Leaky GloBrite

Hi All,

One of my 3 GloBrites has died and unfortunately is about a year out of warranty. I've removed the light from the niche and pulled out the wire pulling a fish back through. The light appears to have a small leak as I can see moisture inside the lens as well as corrosion on some of the solder joints where the LEDs are mounted.
    Per Pentair instructions, I didn't drain the pool to remove the light so now I have water in the conduit. The transformer is way above the pool level (needs to be above the spa level which is higher) so the water isn't draining.

From everything I've read, when replacing a lamp, people just put the new lamp in which would leave all that water sitting in the conduit. Does that sound correct? Does anyone try and suction out some of the water, maybe with a small tube put down the conduit and a shop vac?

Attached Images Attached Images
    14x28 Hydra Pools vinyl pool. EasyTouch, my own web interface (Screenlogic died), Intelliflow VF, 3 Pentair GloBrites, Pentair Master Temp heater, Hayward DE filter. 89" fiberglass spillover spa

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Riverside, CA

Re: Leaky GloBrite

Water in the conduit is generally not a concern. I had to replace one of my globrites and the conduit was already full of water. These lights really don't seal all the well in the niches anyway.
    33K In ground Pool/Spa, IntelliFlo, IntelliChlor SWG, Easytouch, ScreenLogic, MasterTemp 400, Quad 100, IntelliPH, MiniPebble, Dolphin Z5, POOL BUILD