Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Testing Log

Testing Log

Anyone have a tip where to find a good spreadsheet to log test values, adjustments made, condition etc? Access DB for this?

Senior Member The Mermaid Queen's Avatar

Re: Testing Log

I developed one in excel... PM me your email address and I will send it to you!

18x32 grecian IG vinyl; ~23000 gallons; 250# sand filter, Hayward superpump with AO Smith motor 1HP SF1.0; booster pump for polaris. Handy Links: Jason's Calculator, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

I also made up my own in Excel. I log temperature, Chlorine levels/usage, PH levels, acid usage, CSI index. Works great.
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. 15 Quik-Klean floor jets and a hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, Tightwatt self adjusting pool timer. http://www.tightwatt.com/
    50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    Pics here, http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v643/MEATLOAF2/Pool/
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE! Pics here, http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ ... Hot%20Tub/ I don't press 1 for English.

I have been working on my version and keep running into the page is not wide enough (yes landscape mode) by the time I get all the readings, add in what I adjusted and the results...I also found a few in other threads but none to work for me.

Was considering a sheet for the logging and a sheet for "adjustments" where I could have before, what was done, and after so I could start to get precise quantities for my pool. I realize the pool calculator or my poolside guide will get me close but I want data tracking for my pool balancing efforts.

Anyone else splitting up the readings and then just a log for adjustments?

You saw mine... I initially was hoping to make it a printable version that would fit on a landscape page, but gave up that idea... the cells would have been too small to write in! Then I figured I would be testing in the house and near computer anyhow, so I gave up on trying to squash down the width.

18x32 grecian IG vinyl; ~23000 gallons; 250# sand filter, Hayward superpump with AO Smith motor 1HP SF1.0; booster pump for polaris. Handy Links: Jason's Calculator, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart

Mermaid yep my version looked kinda like yours and I tried to modify yours to fit and the same problem the boxes became too small for me. Think I'm gonna have two logs, one for the tests and a sheet of all chemical additions with starting, a column to write what all was done and the after results (realizing some tests take time to settle).

Kinda catch 22, I want more space but require more boxes for my needs....IF I ever get happy with my versions I may post it for others to use as a starting point for their needs.

Oh DUH! you would think as a former Mod here I would know how to attach a file!

Here is my spreadsheet. you may feel free to use it, or change it to your specifications.

I have the thing set with conditional formatting, so any chemical adjustments that need to be made would be obvious. I never did get that pool, so you will notice that some of the parts (values etc) are not quite right. This was for Vinyl using bleach, or eventually an SWG.

You will need Olive Oil font installed on your computer to be able to read this.

If you have any questions, let me know!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Could be a thought starter for your log request. Works for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    21K Gal, IG, Vinyl, Bleach-Borax-Baking Soda, 3/4HP Hayward pump, Hayward sand filter, 200,000BTU Heater, TF100 Testkit
    "All that we are arises with our thoughts." - Buddha
    “When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.” - Dale Carnegie

I have attached the log sheet I use. I do all my testing at the pool, so do not use a computer
    Attached Files Attached Files
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.