Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: High chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

High chlorine

Hi all,

I received my new reagents for the tf-100 kit and tested everything.

The FC came up to 12 with CYA at 70 the normal levels according to the pool math are 5-7 so I decided to turn off the cell until in the target range then to adjust the cell duty. For the pas two days I lost les than 2ppm of chlorine. I started to wonder if there is something wrong. All other levels seems to be in the target zone exept PH at 7.8 but here I learned that above 10 chlorine the PH reading is not correct.

Please advise if this situation is normal or I have to do something. I want to make sure that all is good in next 7 days since I am goin on vacation for 2 weeks and don't want surprises

Thanks
    12000 gallons inground pool with spa, Pentair VS pump, Easytouch 4, Intellichlor 40, Pentair Clean & Clear CC420 cartridge filter, solar panels, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: High chlorine

12 will be fine for your pool, you're way below slam level. Just play with your cell settings until you have it right. I would keep it at 8 fc
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

For a SWG pool, the levels are actually 3-5ppm (see the FC/CYA Chart) ... the key is to never let it drop below 3ppm. I would try to dial it in around 5ppm.

But as said above, 12ppm is perfectly safe.

A 2ppm drop is a little lower than I would expect if you have a lot of direct sun on the pool ... but nothing wrong with that.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

The pool has direct sun from sunrise to about 5 pm and it is in vegas - sun is shining every day
    12000 gallons inground pool with spa, Pentair VS pump, Easytouch 4, Intellichlor 40, Pentair Clean & Clear CC420 cartridge filter, solar panels, TF-100