AGP Light options

As you have found out. Pickings are slim. We started with a nitelighter. It's an over the wall. The transformer lasted a few years. We now have the multi color one. Just wish they made them in LED. I looked at the return lights but I think I am too lazy to drop the level and install one.

I just installed RGB LED tape light on the underside of my resin top rail and it looks awesome.

It was a bit tricky to install because where the 2 top rails meet at the post, the pool wall is in the way and you can't install the leds. So I used a dremmel to cut a notch in the top rail. This notch allowed me to run the leds inside the resin top rail. I ran inside that rail, under the post cap, into the 2nd top rail, then out another notch, where u can continue to run the leds. Do the same at the next post.

I'm ordering another 15' this week. When I do that install I will take some pics.

15' did about 3 and a half top rails... heres a video of 1 rail, or approx. 4''.

Led pool light - YouTube

I just installed RGB LED tape light on the underside of my resin top rail and it looks awesome.

It was a bit tricky to install because where the 2 top rails meet at the post, the pool wall is in the way and you can't install the leds. So I used a dremmel to cut a notch in the top rail. This notch allowed me to run the leds inside the resin top rail. I ran inside that rail, under the post cap, into the 2nd top rail, then out another notch, where u can continue to run the leds. Do the same at the next post.

I'm ordering another 15' this week. When I do that install I will take some pics.

15' did about 3 and a half top rails... heres a video of 1 rail, or approx. 4''.

Led pool light - YouTube

I am doing exactly the same thing, I have 120 feet of IP68 12v LED strips... while not an "approved" method it will be awesome :)

I used these type lights and did the same install in my front room..

Crazy Lights LED indirect lighting for the ceiling. - YouTube

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Led pool light - YouTube

Please post some pics when it's all done. Sounds awesome.

I bought a Nightlighter Multi color. I did have to modify it a bit since my walls are more than 1.5 inches wide. However, I am pretty happy with it so far. The blue and green colors are probably the best. There are mixed reviews on it, but with AGP lights, the choices are limited.

I found some magnetic lights at Walmart last year. a two pack for $10. they are blue and battery operated, with all their other pool supplies. They are good made night time swimming easier to be able to see in the water. they have a remote so you can put them in the middle or the bottom of the pool and be able to turn them off from the outside of the pool through the wall. I have two going get a couple more packs this summer to have 6 in my 30' round. AFTER I get all the dead algae out of it ha.

I have an Aqualuminator and I have had my current bulb for 2 years now. You HAVE to take them out in the winter - which is a bit of a pain, as when you take the bulb out, it opens the back of the fitting up, so it will not hold water. I use a rubber stopper in mine. Once I had ice pull the stopper out over the winter, and my pool drained down to the return.

The light is OK - nothing spectacular. In my 27' round ABG it lights up most of the pool. It's not super bright, but it gets the water glowing,

-dave

I second the Walmart magnetic lights. They work great (remote not so much), just don't leave them in the pool for an extended period. Last year water got in mine and corroded everything. But for $5 a light they are disposable. I tried the NL-100 night lighter but my top rail would not fit over the light hook.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.