Pool remodel has begun - Progress Pics

The hot bath is so he can move----------we played hard in our youth and it took quite a toll on him. They used words like shattered and pulverized when they looked at some of his x-rays. He has been in a wheel chair 3 times in our 30 years of marriage! I was not quite as daring so I would only end up banged and bruised up or on crutches at the most. No more jet skis or off-road motorcycles for us! Now it is corvettes and travel.

Kim

Looks like things are taking shape!

Yep yep :) well today the sun was shining, and it started raining hard at 1pm :grrrr::grrrr::grrrr: Mother nature is a *****

I called their office and asked whats going on. Office manager has no idea of course. She said they left to work this morning and didn't tell her. Sooo here's to hoping my pool is being filled with water and the plaster is on. I have made pool party plans this weekend so I sure hope they finish! Going on Day 12 now. I was told this would take a week :?

- - - Updated - - -

The hot bath is so he can move----------we played hard in our youth and it took quite a toll on him. They used words like shattered and pulverized when they looked at some of his x-rays. He has been in a wheel chair 3 times in our 30 years of marriage! I was not quite as daring so I would only end up banged and bruised up or on crutches at the most. No more jet skis or off-road motorcycles for us! Now it is corvettes and travel.

Kim

Dang! I'm still young enough to not have that problem yet. Surely it will catch up to me. Until then, its dirt bikes and jet skis for me :) lol

Here is a video from back in the day when my husband competed Am. Freestyle. He was #1 in our district and #2 in the nation in 2000!

Cypress Gardens Freestyle Tim Scott - YouTube

I will have to find the pic of all of our toys. His freestyle ski, 2 sit down skis, several off-road motorcycles. It is a neat pic.

He says it was worth it even now. We had a blast and played hard!

Kim

Here is a video from back in the day when my husband competed Am. Freestyle. He was #1 in our district and #2 in the nation in 2000!

Cypress Gardens Freestyle Tim Scott - YouTube

I will have to find the pic of all of our toys. His freestyle ski, 2 sit down skis, several off-road motorcycles. It is a neat pic.

He says it was worth it even now. We had a blast and played hard!

Kim

Wow no way we used to go to Cypress Gardens when we were kids! That is awesome!! My parents were big skiiers too.

OK update. The guys worked their butts off and they finished. I wonder if some of the speckled spots will dry up and look a little more finished? Anyways here is the photos of the finished product. They're coming out tomorrow to get the pump running and chemicals I think....

Well **** it seems that I've met my picture quota, can't upload anymore lol. Will post back later when I can or upload them externally to another site.

20150610_172305_zpsbgdzb8yp.jpg

20150610_172312_zpsgv5b7eij.jpg

20150610_172317_zpsam9wemzl.jpg

I'll be pressure washing the bull nose. I couldn't afford tile around it, it was just too expensive and I don't have the money at the moment. Will also be repainting the bull nose I believe, but am not sure yet. I think white or a tan color would look sharp.

The pool is now full of water. Pool guy called me to tell me what is up next. Pretty much the only thing now is for them to come back and add more chemicals. My pump and everything is up and running so yay :)

I see them and they are wonderful! I love the tile! The steps look wonderful!

By bull nose do you mean the coping? The part that is right over the tile?

If that is what you are talking about I would NOT paint it! I like how it looks!

I really think you would be sorry if you paint it. Painting something like that will turn out being a mistake in my opinion. I think it will not stick long term and start flaking and rubbing off over time. I am thinking about how paint on cement does.

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

I would go ahead and do your tests now except for the CYA. That way you will know what it needs and be ready with your supplies!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I see them and they are wonderful! I love the tile! The steps look wonderful!

By bull nose do you mean the coping? The part that is right over the tile?

If that is what you are talking about I would NOT paint it! I like how it looks!

I really think you would be sorry if you paint it. Painting something like that will turn out being a mistake in my opinion. I think it will not stick long term and start flaking and rubbing off over time. I am thinking about how paint on cement does.

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

I would go ahead and do your tests now except for the CYA. That way you will know what it needs and be ready with your supplies!

Kim

Good call Kim. I'm going to bleach the coping (yeah I called it bullnose lol) and then hit it with the pressure washer I think it will turn out nice.

I bet it will turn out great! That water is so pretty! You will be so happy to have found TFP and a good test kit. You will be able to keep your pool like that!

Kim

So the pool is beginning to smell like a pond. the sand filter had algae in the basket, I scrubbed the heck out of it. I am worried my pool is going to get overran before Monday.

I swam last night it was great :) but it had that smell to it. That smell of begging for bleach.

I called the pool guy, he said that they are waiting for the metal out to remove the metals from the water... Now I am wondering, should i wait 72 hrs for them to put chemicals in?? He didn't say it would hurt my finish to put chemicals in, but I'm not really buying the metal out reasoning. It was filled up with city water. I haven't done any water tests yet (I'll do them tonight). Maybe the city water is high on metals??

They're going to provide the chemicals free for the initial setup Monday. I just don't like the sound of letting my beautiful pool sit 3 days with nothing but Miuratic acid and Metal out. and 50 dollars in chemicals is a drop in the bucket to keep my baby blue. Should I post this in the chemicals forum? I may not get as much of a response here lol

3 of my jet fittings aren't installed yet. They say I owe the balance per the contract. They are apparently going out today to install the last 3 jets if they can make it out.... the pool has been running 3 days with 3 big open holes so the pressure is pretty low and I am guessing that it doesn't help the pump. PSI is low at a bout 10.. normally around 16. Only 1 out of 4 jet fittings was installed.

I told them I don't want to pay until the pool is complete. The owner has stated that the money is due upon pool being filled. I feel like the pool shouldn't have been filled until complete. Do I have a leg to stand on here? Is not having fittings in hurting my pump or does it not matter?

They installed the fittings and wow nothing wrong with my pump!! That thing is shooting some seriously good pressure :) happy happy. Here's an aerial shot I took with my drone about 3 days ago. Pool looks alot better today as the chlorine is in. Maybe I'll go out and take another with it tonight :)
DJI00076_zpsvwicq3nf.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.