Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pool remodel has begun - Progress Pics

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Pool remodel has begun - Progress Pics

Wanted to share the progress. Pool was emptied yesterday. I will most more pics daily as the project progresses. I think today might be the new skimmer and fittings for the pool but I am not sure. It was green before they emptied it, I tried to find a pic of it green but oh well. Here is where it was at yesterday evening:
    20150601_175114.jpg
    Last edited by lelandapple; 06-03-2015 at 02:39 PM. Reason: typo
    16x32 27k gal oval gunite pool, 24-inch Hayward sand filter, 1HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool remodel has begun - Progress Pics

It will still be nice to see the pics from here on. Very interesting to watch.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    It will still be nice to see the pics from here on. Very interesting to watch.
    Thanks I am excited to see how it turns out myself. They said it should be done by Friday. Hard to believe, but we will see how much progress is made today.

4. Back To Top    #4

Update already. Wife just got home and WOW they are getting to work! Woohoo!20150603_170320.jpg

5. Back To Top    #5

If you have a contractor that is "getting to work", that's a very good sign that things will turn out right.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6

Wow! Your pool really needs remodeling! Where are the other updated pictures? I am also planning to remodel mine. Hopefully, soon! lol
    We look forward to providing you with the best Adelaide Leak Detection Equipment and Services.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by neil.corrigan12 View Post
    Wow! Your pool really needs remodeling! Where are the other updated pictures? I am also planning to remodel mine. Hopefully, soon! lol
    This is it for now. I work til dark so I have to rely on my wife for pics. And she takes one a day. lol. I'll get her to take a few more today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoDarville View Post
    If you have a contractor that is "getting to work", that's a very good sign that things will turn out right.
    I've heard nothing but good things about these guys.. a lady I work with was a manager at their office for years and she said they do an amazing job. She sold me on using them. I knew she had a good opinion as a prior employee lol.

8. Back To Top    #8

Sweet apparently wife has told me tile work is being done but she doesn't want to go take pics as they're all shirtless she said the doesn't want to seem like a creeper

9. Back To Top    #9

LOL but We want to see pics! WAAAAAAAAAA! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

OK they've done alot of awesome tile work today. 20150604_175253.jpg20150604_175253.jpg20150604_175239.jpg20150604_175257.jpg

11. Back To Top    #11

I love your tile around the pool! That is going to look great with water!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I love your tile around the pool! That is going to look great with water!

Kim
    Thanks Kim On the steps they found some mystery tile. Had no idea it was there. I guess it must have been plastered over in the past hah. I am hoping today they are done (they said they would be) so I will update this evening hopefully with the pool being filled up

Heres a pic of the skimmer 20150604_203110.jpg

13. Back To Top    #13

I saw the mystery tile and wondered what was going on!

I am looking forward to seeing your evening pics of the progress!

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

Looks awesome so far man. Keep the pics of shirtless men and the pool coming! Lol
    17x32 Legacy Pool / Deck built around entire pool / Hayward EC40C92S Perflex 1-Horsepower Extended-Cycle D.E. Filter / Dolphin DX-3 / GLI Cyclone Solar Cover Reel / TF100 Test Kit/Raypak 266k BTU Cupro Nickel Gas Heater

Pool/Deck Install Finished Finally!!

15. Back To Top    #15

Well no updates, they've called in sick 2 days... They said they will be in tomorrow to finish up and start filling the pool with water. All the tile work appears to be done. Now just the waiting game. They were supposed to be finished last Friday, but good ole Florida showers slowing the process too. Hoping this weekend I can jump in.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL but We want to see pics! WAAAAAAAAAA! LOL

Kim
    LOL just read this, too funny I'll tell my wife that.

16. Back To Top    #16

This is the latest pic. Forgot to post this here. Appears they put down some type of cement/stuff under what will be the plaster that goes over top of it.

17. Back To Top    #17

Where in FL are you? Can you put it in your location under your name. You can say NW, etc if you would rather.

At least you are making some progress. One day you will be floating with a drink in your hand!

Kim

18. Back To Top    #18

Where in FL are you? Can you put it in your location under your name. You can say NW, etc if you would rather.

At least you are making some progress. One day you will be floating with a drink in your hand!

Kim
    Winter Haven, FL... where Legoland is at I'll update my profile with that. Thanks! I see you are a fellow Floridian. We have it lucky here with all the sunny weather. I can keep my pool open nearly all year around. One of my next purchases may have to be a pool heater lol.

19. Back To Top    #19

I do keep my pool open all year round. I do not get into it BUT my crazy husband does after he takes a hot bath. He is CRAZY I say but hey that is one of the things I love about him. LOL

Kim

20. Back To Top    #20

I do keep my pool open all year round. I do not get into it BUT my crazy husband does after he takes a hot bath. He is CRAZY I say but hey that is one of the things I love about him. LOL

Kim
    I'm guessing the hot bath is just for the cold water lol not a bad idea I may try that one this year

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast