Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 3' Silk tab dosage

1. Back To Top    #1

3' Silk tab dosage

I know I know... Don't use them. I am going on travel for the next 3-6 weeks and cannot maintain my pool as I am used to doing. When I bought the house it already had an inline chlorinator and I simply removed the tabs. Well now that I am temporarily going back to them I realized I don't understand how they work. I know that as water runs over them then dissolve, but how is the level of chlorine controlled? It must be different depending on a number of factors including pool size.

My assumption is the amount of time in which I run the pump. Is that a safe assumption?
    Eric A. Bevill
    Mooresville, NC

8K ~ IG ~ Fiberglass ~ Hayward S220T Sand ~ CL200 Chlorinator ~ SP2607X10 Pump ~ 1 HP UST1102 Motor

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 3' Silk tab dosage

You control the FC level by the amount of tablets you add and the amount of water running over them and how long you run the pump. It is kind of a guessing game.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: 3' Silk tab dosage

Mine has a dial to "try" to control the flow through the chlorinator, but as noted above ... it's a guess. I suppose it's a last resort though if you have no other way or person who can assist you with adding bleach on occasion.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!