Does this pump need to be replaced?

You may have to do some research to see if it's the pump or the motor. If the pump itself checks out OK and it turns out to be the motor, you could replace just that with one of an equivalent Service Factor HP (SFHP). Whenever you replace the motor, always install a new shaft seal.

Occasionally it will squeak too. The rod is a bit rusty, and I had to use a good amount of teflon tape and some teflon paste to keep it from dripping (threaded connection to the basket). Seems that enough of it needs replaced, buying new is the better choice.

It's a 2 HP 2-speed. I'm thinking about replacing it with a 1 HP 2 speed Hayward: SP15922S (Power-Flo Matrix). From the research I've done it seems that low speed GPM is enough for my Pentair Minimax 100 heater. Other than that I don't seem to have a need for 2 HP.

Currently it's still working, might as well run it in to the ground. Or until I can't stand the noise!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.