Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Good Pump/Filter for little 10 foot above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Good Pump/Filter for little 10 foot above ground pool

I just have a little 10' above ground pool, that's about 4 feet deep, and I mostly just let the dogs romp around in it in the summer. The pool I have is just a cheap Summer Escapes Pool that I got at Big Lots last year. I have not set it up yet this year... I tore the whole thing down last winter and stored the liner and everything in the basement.

Last year the pump that came with the pool would often stop, and we tended to have a mosquito breeding problem in the pool, which is just gross. And when I got out of town in the summer, which I do for long weekends, my husband forgets to check the pool to make sure the pump is still working.

So I was thinking maybe to invest in a good $100 or so pump that would be reliable and not go out, keep the water and chlorine moving around, so we don't breed mosquitoes and get algae this year.

Been looking around the forums but haven't found something that I'm looking for. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. The pool is usually up for only 3 or 4 months of the year.

Thanks!
    Cynthia
    Above Ground Pool
    Summer Escapes 10'

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Good Pump/Filter for little 10 foot above ground pool

Welcome to TFP!!!

See what Summer Escapes offers in a sand filter and pump setup. No idea the costs, but for a $100 you are going to have to stick with the cheaper "disposable" equipment like Summer Escapes / Intex.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Okay thanks... sorry for the late reply. What would be a more realistic price range for a filter/pump setup? I read a little bit about Sand Filters on this site, but need to read a bit more. The pool is a pretty cheap one, and I can get another whole pool and everything for about $89, which is cheaper than buying a replacement liner... it seems. :P

But either way, I do want a nice solid reliable filter/pump for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Doing a quick look through Amazon.. this one looks like a good one, it's Intex, for $130.00

http://goo.gl/TB4Uxj
    Above Ground Pool
    Summer Escapes 10'

4. Back To Top    #4

Looking around some more, I'm liking this one, as it seems to have all the parts needed (the prior one's reviews said some parts were not included). This is a Sand Master 71225 Above Ground Swimming Pool 13" Sand Filter with Pump for Intex.

http://goo.gl/aQSEBq
    Above Ground Pool
    Summer Escapes 10'