K2006 test kit

Jul 4, 2010
Apopka, Fl
I have recently purchased a Taylor k2006 test kit and all seems to be going very well thanks to all you kind and knowledgeable folks here On TFP. I wanted verification on my test results so I went to my local pool store and here's what I got.
My test:
FC-7.6
CC-0
PH-7.6
ALK-80
CH-250
CYA-60

Pool store:
FC- no check
CC-no check
TC-4
PH-7.4
ALK-90
CH-280
CYA-80
Do I trust me or do I trust them and their computer? I have been running my SWG all day at 0 trying to bring down the FC.

Always trust your own testing.

As to your FC test, it appears you are using 25 mL sample for 0.2 ppm accuracy. You can go ahead and use 10 mL sample for 0.5 ppm accuracy. It will save you reagents and is close enough for us.

Actually, you PROVED to yourself why you should never go to the pool store. They will NEVER be as good as your own careful testing with your own good kit.

Yeah, trust your own test. Had one pool store (kid) test my CYA he said it was at 100 then he had his co-worker test it and he said it was at 35. My testing shows about 30.
Same with CH they said it was 180, I show 250 with my TF-100 kit so I will stick to my own test results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.