LaMotte 2056 ColorQ Pro 7 Digital Pool Water Test Kit

Jun 2, 2015
Manalapan/NJ
This is my first summer taking care of a pool, and thus far I have only been using test strips. I am quickly finding them to be very annoying because it's hard to read and decipher the color variations. Reading through the forum I see that most folks recommend the Taylor K-2006 Test Kit, which I will probably end up getting.

However, looking for that kit online I found the LaMotte 2056 ColorQ Pro 7 Digital Pool Water Test Kit. This kit claims to give you an accurate digital reading. Has anyone used this test kit? Has anyone compared it's results to their traditional test kit readings? Accuracy?

The kit is very pricey ($138 on Amazon), just wondering if the convenience of a digital reading is worth the cost?

Thanks

As you will see in this post: ColorQ vs TF100, the k-2006 and TF-100 have extremely reliable and repeatable results while the ColorQ does not. Test strips are extremely unreliable as you have seen.

The k-2006 and TF-100 use the same tests and only 2 of these tests are color matching. The pH test and OTO Total Chlorine test. You don't really need to use the OTO test for measurements, just to verify that there is chlorine. It is the FAS-DPD test that gives you accurate FC and CC results and is typically only found in those two kits.

The TF-100 uses the same tests as the k-2006 but contains larger amounts of the reagents you will need most. It is available at tftestkits.net. Both are good kits, but after reading years worth of people running out of reagents during crucial moments I am glad I got the TF-100.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.