Box of chemicals given to me

May 21, 2014
Portage, Indiana
I had a box of chemicals given to me by a neighbor who tore down his pool last season. Included was this shock that he said "worked wonders" and "cleared up" his pool. He also said just pour it in and that's all you need. Of course I know that is not true but since I have about 15 pounds of this stuff is it possible that I could still use it?

8a9183b50a25739bebc4456a84054283.jpg

08b385683c36d991657a05ab08a5d8bb.jpg

4773d51011a5c6f88fc28261dd67a8ee.jpg

I was thinking the same thing with the copper. He did say it cost him about $100/box which I have 2. If I could get close to that back, that's all I would need for the whole season with TFPC method! When I saw 3 bottles of "water clarifier" and pH up down left and right along with a bunch of pucks I got a little worried that these magical bags didn't do what they claim.

Yes, copper bad. Don't use it!

Clarifier is useless as well, you won't need that following TFP methods.

The PH up sounds useful, but be wary of the PH down if it's a powder. Powdered PH down is dry acid, sodium bisulfate. It works, but adds sulfates to your water (bad in the long run).

The pucks can be useful for bringing up CYA if needed and if you go on vacation. Hopefully they don't contain copper either.

Sell it on craigslist. Someone else who has used it and thought it "worked wonders" will probably snap it up for $50 - $75. Sure, you'll feel guilty about it, for a while. But it's not like you're the pool store that sold it in the first place.

Yes, copper bad. Don't use it!

Clarifier is useless as well, you won't need that following TFP methods.

The PH up sounds useful, but be wary of the PH down if it's a powder. Powdered PH down is dry acid, sodium bisulfate. It works, but adds sulfates to your water (bad in the long run).

The pucks can be useful for bringing up CYA if needed and if you go on vacation. Hopefully they don't contain copper either.
Thanks for the info diesel

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.