Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New heater install - power hook-up

1. Back To Top    #1

New heater install - power hook-up

Hey all, installing a new heater, Raypak 200K atmospheric model. My question is: when hooking up the 120VAC power, is it to be continuous power or should I hook it up to my pump timer? So power is on when pump is on and off when pump off?
    All help is appreciated as usual!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New heater install - power hook-up

Hook it into the pump. NO need to have constant power to it when not needed.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

I have read that it is a good idea to let the pump run at least a few minutes longer than the heater to allow the heater to cool. I'm not sure if this is needed with your specific heater but just adding my 2 cents.
    21'x52 AGP 11200 Gal
    TFPC Method

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Newer units these days really don't have to have a cool down although it's nice if you can with automation. Alternatively you can shut the heater off manually and then wait a few minutes and then shut your pump off.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,