Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How do I move dropped off 500 pound pool to my backyard

1. Back To Top    #1

How do I move dropped off 500 pound pool to my backyard

Hi

I would like to know of any ideas on how to move a new pool in box from front yard to back yard.

I saw on the tracking that the pool weighs 509 pounds. They will only drop it off at the curb. It's 200 feet away from where I want to put it.

The pool is a Sharkline Venture. I've never seen the box and I don't know what to expect.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How do I move dropped off 500 pound pool to my backyard

Welcome to TFP!

Dollies and a bunch of people?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

A few people and a moving dolly with ratchet straps like they use to move refrigerators would be one idea.
    Another would be if you have a truck that you can pull into your back yard have them load it in your truck and then get some people to help you unload it.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

Wow!! I'm getting help! Thank you! I don't know where this thread is posted. I don't know how I found your answers. Obviously I am a newbie here. But, I think I will be hanging around. Thanks again.

Do you know if the pool is on a pallet?
    Santa

5. Back To Top    #5

move from truck to truck bed? move from truck to tractor/front end loader? move from truck to gator or forklift?

disassemble box in driveway, carry piece by piece? invite a bunch of unsuspecting friends over for pizza & beer and....surprise!
    18x36 vinyl / sport pool 5.5' deep / 1.5hp Tri-Star 2spd / Hayward c3030 325 sqft cartridge / ~15k gal / TF100

6. Back To Top    #6

Good answers, Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know if they come on a pallet?
    Santa

7. Back To Top    #7

Anything that heavy should be on a pallet. If it's not hard to get where it's going, a few guys could carry it. You could get a two wheel hand truck(dolly) and a ratchet strap to move it. The tractor idea would work. You could rent an off-road forklift for half a day. A truck would be the most cost effective. Just have them put it in the bed. If they drop it off at the curb, they have a lift gate, so no extra work for them to put it in a truck.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

Is it concrete from the curb to close to the final resting place?

Odds are, the truck has a pallet jack and a liftgate. The driver's not obligated to set it in the back yard, but he might be bribe-able.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

9. Back To Top    #9

My best guess is that it will come in several boxes all tied down to a pallet. At least that is what I've seen when people here have installed an AG. Can't tell you what brand those two pools were, but that's what I saw.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

10. Back To Top    #10

I have a Sharkline Venture and it was not delivered on a pallet. We had ours put into outr truck from the delivery truck. It is heavy!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

We moved a heavy shed (~12x16(?) ) across the yard using some 4" pipes, jacked up the shed, put in the pipes and rolled it, when one pipe would fall out, you put it in the front. It worked way better than I thought it would. 500lbs should be way less than that, but if you have some 2-3" pipes lying around.....
    21,600 Gallon IG vinyl L shaped Pool
    Hayward DE3620 Pro-Grid DE Filter, Hayward 1HP super pump, AutoPilot SWG, 350,000BTU Hayward Heater
    TF-100 Test kit with options (salt strips, Borates, mixer)
    9/30/14 Dig Began....

12. Back To Top    #12

We used our wood decking to move the hot tub to the back. slide and move the wood the front.
    10,400k, AG 21 round, 1.0HP Waterway pump cartridge filter. TF-100

13. Back To Top    #13

Simply rent the right tool for the job. Call or visit websites of local tool rental shops looking for a multimover dolly. There are several like this available under the scope of material moving

multimover.jpg
    A regular appliance dolly with 6 inch rubber wheels will be a struggle over your lawn.
    Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.

14. Back To Top    #14

Much to our surprise, our Intex 32 x 16 weighed about the same and was awkward to handle. Rent or borrow a "Dolly', you will save time and injury..
    14,364gal AGP
    Intex Ultra Frame 16'x32'x52"
    Krystal Clear™ Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System - 2,650 GPH**Nite-Brite Halogen Pool Light
    TF-100 Test Kit (This kit Rocks)

15. Back To Top    #15

I like the friends over for pizza, beer and SURPRISE! idea! LOl

A dolly will do the trick or maybe a STRONG wheel barrow.

You can rent a LOWES truck for $19.99 for a couple of hours. If you can drive where it needs to go............

When they brought my AG pool here they had a lift on the back and drove it to where it needed to be. They lowered it and put it right where I wanted it. I did give the guy $$ for being so nice.

Kim

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit