Polaris 380 trouble shooting help please.

DSK

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 29, 2014
Havre De Grace, Maryland
Hello, so I just finished my 1st ever slam of my pool and now I need to clean up bottom of pool but my 380 is not happy. Some background on it and me, we bought this house with pool and equipment and this is my second season as a pool owner. The Polaris worked really well and had no problems at all last season, however the previous owners had it running almost all the time and I knew the booster pump was not long to live. Sure enough it died about a month Into last season. I replaced it with a new booster pump so even though I would be interested in a robot cleaner now that I have read about them I'm kinda d of committed to this for now.

So the symptoms are that it just won't move under power. The tale will move about and the jet of water comes out the back with enough force to make it move but the wheels don't engage. I thought that maybe the back up valve was staying engaged. When I lift it out of the water, the back up value is still spitting water out the jet. I decided to take the backup valve out of the line to see if the Polaris would be different without it but it acted the same way, no wheel power. I should also mention that if I turn a wheel by hand the other 2 wheels will also turn so I think that means they are not broken. And water will shoot into basket so outside of taking it apart not sure where to start. Any ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.