TF-100 vs Taylor K-2006

whataboy

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 18, 2015
Lewisville,Texas
Just got my new TF-100 kit and Speed-Stir in mail today and ran all test with it. Then ran all test with my Taylor K-2006 kit. Everything is really close except for the CH.
TF-100 read 275
Taylor K-2006 read 220
Pool store tells me 183
Replastered a month ago and the pool sparkles like diamonds and clear as a bell.

What should I believe?????

All measures:

FC- 3.0
CC- 0.5
PH- 7.6
TA- 90
CYA- 30
Borate- 45
CH- ughhh
Temp 80 degrees

Pool store results I wouldn't expect to be accurate, so scratch that off.

How old is your k-2006? I am inclined to believe your TF-100 since the reagents are fresh, but there could be other variables at play here.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

I agree with Donldson ... I mean the reagents for the 2 kits are identical, so the results should be the same unless they are old or there was some testing error.

How much water did you use for the 2 CH tests? From the numbers, guessing 25ml for the K-2006 and 10ml for the TF-100

Yep jblizzle you are correct I used 25ml mark on bottle with Taylor kit and 10ml mark on bottle with TF-100 kit. Maybe the reagent for the CH test is bad in the Taylor kit. I bought it a month ago but who knows how long its been sitting on shelf.

I doubt the reagents are bad.

When you do the 10 ml for the TF-100 the range is 1 drop or plus or minus 25 ppm. So the result could be 250.

With the Taylor test, you chose to use the 25 ml sample so your resolution is plus or minus 10 ppm. So the result could be 230.

The point is that CH roughly in the 200's is all that matters. If you have the time, test them both again using the same resolution....either 25 or 10 ml sample and see what you get.

Remember, the endpoint of ANY color change test is that you add drops until the last drop makes absolutely no further difference in the color. Subtract that last drop and that is your CH.

Also, make sure you are hold the reagent bottle perfectly vertically (upside down) when doing the drop tests. If you hold the bottle at an angle other than vertical, the drops will be smaller than they should be, skewing your results to the high side. And if you hold the bottle at a different angle each time you do the test, your results will be inconsistent.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also, make sure you are hold the reagent bottle perfectly vertically (upside down) when doing the drop tests. If you hold the bottle at an angle other than vertical, the drops will be smaller than they should be, skewing your results to the high side. And if you hold the bottle at a different angle each time you do the test, your results will be inconsistent.

Hey, never heard that before, handy information.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.