Leveling Pool! Please help!

We bought a 26' ultra frame intex pool. Spent 3 days leveling the ground, had 5 tons of sand delivered, leveled and compacted that. We used a laser level and thought we had it almost perfectly leveled. Started filling it with water and realized that one half of the pool was 6" higher than the other half. My husband dug out 6" from under the high legs and now the water is level, however it will still be deeper on one side due to the ground under the liner not being dug out 6". I was wondering if it will be ok to leave it like this for one summer or if we need to drain, take down and start over? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I concur with the others. Let's do this right so it's safe and the pool looks good.

I agree. 6" is quite a lot, even though the legs are level. I have an Intex UF as well and thats off by 2". Its jumping in my eyes every time I look at it, but it should last this season. The ground will be more level next season.

I agree. 6" is quite a lot, even though the legs are level. I have an Intex UF as well and thats off by 2". Its jumping in my eyes every time I look at it, but it should last this season. The ground will be more level next season.

It's amazing how those little squares really catch your eye when the water is off even a little bit!

A straight board and level is a great accessory in doing this. As PAGirl said, a transit can be a great tool as well.

We bought a 26' ultra frame intex pool. Spent 3 days leveling the ground, had 5 tons of sand delivered, leveled and compacted that. We used a laser level and thought we had it almost perfectly leveled. Started filling it with water and realized that one half of the pool was 6" higher than the other half. My husband dug out 6" from under the high legs and now the water is level, however it will still be deeper on one side due to the ground under the liner not being dug out 6". I was wondering if it will be ok to leave it like this for one summer or if we need to drain, take down and start over? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I hate to sound harsh but you should be able to get the ground level within a couple of inches without even using a level. I can't imagine how you could be off by 6 inches while using a laser level. That makes no sense. I would question your competence on the whole pool set up. In order to be safe, you should hire someone to install the pool.

I agree that you need to drain and start over. The best tools for leveling are a rake, a shovel, a compactor and a transit. Use the compactor to level as best you can by eye. Then, take the transit to each of your support blocks and it will show if you are level. If not, you can use the shovel to lower or add dirt, and the rake to smooth it out. Then, recompact and check your level with the transit again. You should be able to rent these from your local Home Depot or other tool rental store. Leveling is key to a safe pool. It is very time consuming and tedious, but the end result is worth it!

I was fortunate enough to have a friend with a Kubota AND a transit, lol. He let me borrow the transit until completion. I learned how to use the transit today, it's an electronic laser (?) one. Pretty neat stuff. We are off about an inch and a half, after putting down the modified 2A rock. Still have more raking to do. Hope things are going well for you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.