Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 3900sport - Getting stuck at Table

1. Back To Top    #1

TampaBay, Florida

Polaris 3900sport - Getting stuck at Table

Having trouble with my Polaris 3900 sport. Not sure there is anything I can do, but thought I would ask. Our pool has a table in it. The Polaris is almost exactly the same size as the distance between the table leg and the side of the pool. Sometimes it hits the leg or the edge of the pool, and turns or gets pulled backwards. But, Inevitably, at least 2-3x per week, at some point, the Polaris' trajectory aims it right for that gap and it wedges itself in. The wheels turning, and making it squeeze itself in to the point it cannot be pulled backwards.

Wondering if anyone had a similar issues with any cleaner and if they cam up with a solution. Thinking about gluing something to the sides to make it wider so it doesn't fit. or maybe some sort of bumper... That would work most of the time. Still Occasionally it if comes to the table after climbing the adjacent wall, it makes its way around the table and wraps the water line... Don't think there is anything I can do about that.

Thanks for any help.

Pool Install: Winter 2014, 36' long, 16'-24' wide. 25,000gallon.
    Hayward Automation (PL-PLUS-16V), Hayward EcoStar 2HP (Main Pump), Hayward Super II (Feature Pump), Hayward DE Filter (7020), Hayward NG Heater (H400FDN)
    Hayward Salt Cell (t-15), Polaris Pool Cleaner (3900 sport) with Polaris Booster Pump (PB4-60), ColorLogic LED Lighting (3), Pebble Sheen Finish and Shell Lock Pavers.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sydney, Australia

Re: Polaris 3900sport - Getting stuck at Table

can you shorten the hose so it doesn't reach that point or is that going to affect the cleaning of the rest of the pool. You can purchase a "Double acting back up valve" so it will reverse more often rather than spending so much time jamming itself.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.