Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rookie in A ball here

1. Back To Top    #1

Rookie in A ball here

First thing first. I am reading every word of Pool School.....now my story

Pool Specs

24x52 above ground some name thing that holds water
    1hp Maxi pump
    Heyward EC40 filter (with bolts) so its old.

So here i am "living the dream" My fiance and I just bought our first house. Much to my Disliking we bought a house with a pool....(happy wife happy life....). we were initially told HEY! the liner is good but a little old. I later find out it was 15 years old, leaked water like shower head. So i embarked on that journey which ended up being pretty easy. now i go to the pool store without doing research (I am a avid post guy on a VW forum) so i should have done my homework before going in. I thought i would get an easy answer and swim. I WAS WRONG I GOT POOLSTORED!!!!!.

they sold me PRISTINE BLUE!

The chemicals have been in my pool for 5 days now....so not too long at all.

I should have on my door as i type at work a nice test kit so once i get that i will post some test results.

my biggest thing is this....I DO NOT want to refill some water in my pool. DID I change my mind soon enough i can get the Copper out or neutralized out of the water?

HELP......I am a car guy not a pool guy....apparently i am now though.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rookie in A ball here

Which test kit did you order?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way .. Welcome to TFP! We'll help you figure this out.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!!

Well the copper is in the water now, just do not add any more. You could try the Cu-lator product which seems to have shown some effectiveness at removing copper from the water.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

i got the 2006 one...full name is missing from my brain at the moment. I have not and do not and will not add any more of that stuff in my pool.

absolutely i will!

5. Back To Top    #5

also another random fact. Sunday it decided to Monsoon and filled the pool with about an inch or two of rain water. i don't know if that will be affect anything or not
    First home Pool NOOB
    24x52 Above ground pool / Old Heyward EC40 Earth / 1 HP Maxi Pump / New liner / It has water in it

6. Back To Top    #6

If the pool did not overflow, then the rain did not do much ... 2" in a 48" pool is only a 4% change in water. So your CH, CYA will have dropped by 4%.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

7. Back To Top    #7

it did not overflow it did get up to the top of the skimmer opening.
    First home Pool NOOB
    24x52 Above ground pool / Old Heyward EC40 Earth / 1 HP Maxi Pump / New liner / It has water in it

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    If the pool did not overflow, then the rain did not do much ... 2" in a 48" pool is only a 4% change in water. So your CH, CYA will have dropped by 4%.
    why you gotta steal my math
    Dan
    9,000 gallon in-ground Saltwater pool, plaster, cartridge filer, 1.0 hp pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, TF-100
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart; Pool School - Test Kits Compared;

9. Back To Top    #9

Quicker to the punch

First home Pool NOOB

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

welcome to the forum, post some numbers up once you unpack that kit and everyone will let you know where to start

Also, VW CC APR stage 1 260hp
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

11. Back To Top    #11

Cowboy. Will do.

04 R32 fully shaved bay show car PVW December this year

First home Pool NOOB

12. Back To Top    #12

Metal test didn't show up.

Ph 6.8
    FC 3
    Alk 0
    CA 0

First home Pool NOOB

13. Back To Top    #13

The number of people post a 0 TA today is crazy.
    If true, your pH must be down in the 4s

You need to start using PoolMath and raising your pH until 30 mintues later you get a reading in the 7s. Then recheck the TA as it may need to be adjusted.

Then you will need to add CYA to protect the FC from the sun.
    Jason, TFP Moderator