Above ground pool walls caved in word HELP!!!

massimo

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2013
Manahawkin, NJ
I noticed the other day that I had no water in my pool. We just had a really bad rain storm which caused my cover to sink in and started holding water on the cover which made a portion of the pool wall to cave in word. I'm at work now and as soon as I get home I'll get some photos up to show. The supports poles on the one side of the pool came up out of the ground. I bought my house three years ago and this is my first season with a major problem. I need advice as to what to do to get this fixed and get swimming!

Ouch! That is significant. It MIGHT straighten out with some pulling, twisting, digging and sweating. Can't see any bent uprights, which is good.

AG pools are very vulnerable to damage when they aren't nearly full of water.

My cover sat tight all winter long and once the pool became unfrozen is when the water leaked out and stupid me didn't notice it right away. I'm gonna get the cover off today and see what I'm working with. I'll get more photos up in a bit. It just kills me to look at it right now. I love my pool!

My cover sat tight all winter long and once the pool became unfrozen is when the water leaked out and stupid me didn't notice it right away. I'm gonna get the cover off today and see what I'm working with. I'll get more photos up in a bit. It just kills me to look at it right now. I love my pool!

I think I'd get the water off the cover and then remove it. Clear the gravel out of the track and out from under the wall and the "legs", then nudge the wall back into the track Then maybe see if adding water will push things back where it should be. Go slowly and get each upright plumb before you get much water in there.

Okay here is what I would do-------------Find some good friends or people you can pay.

-Take the cover off

-Dig out around the whole pool to see what is what as far as bottom track, etc.

-Drain the water and start over like you are rebuilding it. Take your time. Use gentle but firm pressure to reshape the sides.

-reseat the liner if needed.

I THINK it can be saved with enough people to help reshape it.

Good luck!

Kim

I'd tear the whole thing down and do a complete install. Those sides are going to need to,be releveled. It's certainly a big job.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would do it myself with a few buddies. It could certainly be done in a weekend with a case or 2 of beer.

You will never get that wall straight by pushing, prodding or dropping a new liner n filling it. Your post are off the ground in your new pics. The pool needs reset.

You guys have been a huge help!!! I'm gonna get started this weekend weather permitting ?
Taking a little from what everyone posted and get the pool back into shape! Wish me luck! I'll keep you all posted with photos.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.