We are installing a 16x36 18k gallon fiberglass pool. I have read exhaustively here and it has helped answer tons of questions.
Was debating additional waterfalls - ruled that out because over $2,000 was not worth it to me.
Was debating a raised wall - ruled that out in favor of a retaining wall at the edge of the decking due to concerns over the expense of a custom cover and all the extra tile and stone work. Not a small upgrade.
I am still back and forth on decking and could use a nudge. Builder base package includes 3 feet of concrete decking. I am in red clay country and every pool in this area with concrete decking I have seen is cracked. Nature of the beast. I would like to install travertine pavers for my decking, but I cannot afford the builders price for that at this point. he has agreed to grade the entire area where I want the future paver patio down 8 inches and spread crush and run in that area. That saves me a TON of work with the paver route. Here are my options:
1) have the builder pour 3 feet of cantilever coping broom finish 4,000 psi standard concrete, grade down 8 inches, and then spread and compact crush and run gravel everywhere I want the pavers. I would have 3 feet of coping and decking and just leave the gravel exposed until I can install the pavers either in the fall or another year. No additional cost other than the gravel sub-base that I would have trucked in.
2) Have the builder pour same as above - but with bull-float (level with the fiberglass shell) so I can install travertine coping and decking.
3) Choose 12 inches of bull float and then install travertine coping and decking
4) 18 inches of cantilever coping and then install travertine everywhere else
5) pay another couple grand and have more concrete poured for decking and just forget travertine altogether.
Any other ideas on decking so I don't have issues with soft-coping and the SWG?
18x36 - 3'7" to 5'6" (The Greco by River Pools)
2 inch plumbing
3 returns one skimmer
1 18 inch waterfall
AquaComfort Heat/Cool pump
Sta-rite PLM300 cartridge filter
2 dry niche glo-brite lights
Polaris 9450 robot
Anyone have any last minute "boy I wish I had done that" tips, hints, suggestions?
Freaking out a little that I am running out of time to make any tweaks.