Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with Intex Plunger Valves

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with Intex Plunger Valves

I am brand new to pools and this site. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

I just installed my pool this last weekend and I cannot find any information on proper use of the Intex Plunger valves. Specifically are they supposed to be left open or closed all the time? When they are open and the pump isn't running I have water running into the basket and leaking around the hose. Is the fitting there just not tight enough? I have been opening and closing them manually before and after I run the pump and SWG but I don't think this is how they are supposed to function.

Pool - 15'x42" Intex Metal Frame above ground pool
    Filter & Pump - Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System CG-28679
    Pool Installed - May 30, 2015
    Test Kit - Taylor Technologies K2006

(Please let me know if there is any other information I should add to my signature.)
    Last edited by rdowns67; 06-02-2015 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Added Signature Info

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with Intex Plunger Valves

They normally stay open all the time except when cleaning the filter. If there is a leak it needs to be fixed. I'd try tightening them first.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Help with Intex Plunger Valves

I was able to tighten one fitting a little bit and figured out that I had the gasket out of position on the leaf basket. Fixing both of these issues solved the leaking when the pump is not running.

Thank you!
    Pooll - 15'x42" Intex Metal Frame above ground pool
    Filter & Pump - Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System CG-28679
    Pool Installed - May 30, 2015
    Test Kit - Taylor Technologies K2006
    (Please let me know if there is any other information I should add to my signature.)