Question about adding a thru wall skimmer

Jun 2, 2015
Cambridge, MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all! I am new to this forum, and hoping someone out there can give me some advice. I have had an Intex 18' x 48" Ultra Frame pool for 3 years. For the first year I used the cartridge pump that came with the pool, but upgraded to an Intex sand filter pump, model SF20110. Oh the difference that made! I have still been using the vacuum that came with the pool, it hooks to the garden hose and is supposed to collect debris in a mesh bag that attaches to the vacuum head. It works fine for larger pieces of debris, but small particles do not get captured, even though I have started using a fine weave bag. Also the on the wall strainer grid has very small holes so even common house flies can't be sucked into the skimmer that is attached to the pump. What I would like to do is install a thru the wall skimmer, but have no where to attach it to my pump. My question is can I splice into my water inlet line to add a skimmer? Will my pump be able to handle that? If I can do this then I can vacuum directly to my filter and and have larger debris collected in the skimmer basket
attachment.php
attachment.php
. Would save me so much time. I have attached photos of the pump setup and the specs on the side of it. Hope someone can help me out!

Attachments

• DSCN1075.jpg
    DSCN1075.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN1076.jpg
    DSCN1076.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 83
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.