Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about adding a thru wall skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about adding a thru wall skimmer

Hi all! I am new to this forum, and hoping someone out there can give me some advice. I have had an Intex 18' x 48" Ultra Frame pool for 3 years. For the first year I used the cartridge pump that came with the pool, but upgraded to an Intex sand filter pump, model SF20110. Oh the difference that made! I have still been using the vacuum that came with the pool, it hooks to the garden hose and is supposed to collect debris in a mesh bag that attaches to the vacuum head. It works fine for larger pieces of debris, but small particles do not get captured, even though I have started using a fine weave bag. Also the on the wall strainer grid has very small holes so even common house flies can't be sucked into the skimmer that is attached to the pump. What I would like to do is install a thru the wall skimmer, but have no where to attach it to my pump. My question is can I splice into my water inlet line to add a skimmer? Will my pump be able to handle that? If I can do this then I can vacuum directly to my filter and and have larger debris collected in the skimmer basket. Would save me so much time. I have attached photos of the pump setup and the specs on the side of it. Hope someone can help me out!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Question about adding a thru wall skimmer

Here is the thread that helped me.

Adding a Hayward Thru-the-Wall Skimmer to Intex Metal Frame Pool (PICS!!

I will be back to add a pic of mine so you can see what it looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a pic of mine.

Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I also recommend skimmer basket socks in the skimmer basket and the pump basket
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Azgirl71! That looks perfect! Ordering my skimmer right now. So excited as I think this will cut down on so much maintenance and give me lots more time to enjoy the pool.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Your welcome! It is great!
    Lisa