Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pressure Gauge

1. Back To Top    #1

Pressure Gauge

WoW!

So I had to order some more R-0013 from tftestkits. I figured I would go ahead and get one of those fancy glycerin filled pressure gauges while I was at it. My original gauge at 1 1/2 years old is a bit sticky now and then and not really the most reader friendly because of the small size of it.

Anyways, I just got it in the mail and I am IMPRESSED! This thing seems to be very high quality with a big gauge that is easy to read, in both Bar and PSI. Seems to be a great product for an excellent value.

Now to put it on and give it a go to see how it works long term. There is even a little brass button on top to relieve any internal pressure so that you can get the most accurate reading possible.

Pics really dont do it justice.

Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pressure Gauge

Wait, you're saying they make gauges you don't have to tap repeatedly to ensure a proper reading?
    16 x 32 18,000 gal IG vinyl pool. 1.5HP SuperFlo VS pump. Hayward C4030 425 sq ft cartridge filter. Hotspot FPH heat reclamation pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

I bought one last year and my PB asked how much I paid for it. He couldn't believe it, he thought it cost at least $40.00 and that it was was one of the nicest he had seen in awhile. I love mine. It is so easy to read and works flawlessly.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

4. Back To Top    #4

I just ordered a gauge along with the TF100 test kit. I concur it is a very nice gauge. Even nicer considering the price. I have bought glycerin filled gauges before and this is a super value for a quality piece.
    -Shotcrete Pool. Pebble Sheen. Tile by Dal Tile CW27 Winter Blues. Pool dimensions 45x19 24,360 gallons. Spa dimensions 7x7 825 gallons. -Hayward Equipment: OmniLogic, Main filter pump Ecostar SP3400VSP, Spa pump Ecostar SP3400VSP, Filter 700sq ft Cartridge Filter HCF7030C, T-Cell 15 SWG, GVA 24 valve actuators, Universal ColorLogic 12v LED lights, H500FDN Natural Gas 500,000 BTU heater, TF100 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Just the fact that it only goes to 30psi instead of 60psi is an improvement. On top of that it is bigger and glycerin filled. So much easier to see pressure changes.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Wow, I didn't even know they where available from TFTestkits.net.
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)

7. Back To Top    #7

yup. Man this thing is nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    Wow, I didn't even know they where available from TFTestkits.net.
    - - - Updated - - -

absoutely Jason. Big big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Just the fact that it only goes to 30psi instead of 60psi is an improvement. On top of that it is bigger and glycerin filled. So much easier to see pressure changes.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm Sold! LOL
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)

9. Back To Top    #9

Those glycerin gauges are the way to go. They last much longer than the other types I've had in the past and they are more accurate.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

10. Back To Top    #10

I took my original off and put one of these in before I even got started up.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

11. Back To Top    #11

I just ordered some reagent refills... wish I'd known these were available. I ordered a replacement gauge from amazon a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshii View Post
    Wait, you're saying they make gauges you don't have to tap repeatedly to ensure a proper reading?
    I thought that was how you're SUPPOSED to get a reading! Kind of like how my husband taps the screen of his phone with increasing pressure when it doesn't open apps fast enough.
    BBB/TFP/Taylor K-2006 Evangelist!
    6/13 - Installed AG Sharkline Heritage 21'x54" 11K gallons. Hayward 1660s sand filter, Hayward single-speed 1 hp pump; city water. Husband builds, I maintain.
    5/11 - Starter pool 6000-gallon Intex Ultra 16'x48" AG with standard 1500 gph 1/3 hp cartridge filter.