Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new liner

1. Back To Top    #1

new liner

I recently had a tree fall in my inground vinyl pool and I now require a new liner and some pool bottom repairs.

The pool bottom has been fixed and the newliner is on its way bit I am concerned that the rain water going under the old liner will cause problems, they had to cut out several sections of liner to repair the bottom leaving it exposed.

Should I do anything?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new liner

I would see about having them come out right before putting in the liner to see if any damage was done.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I would see about having them come out right before putting in the liner to see if any damage was done.

Kim

The repairs are done, I am worried that the stagnant water under the old liner will cause mold to form or soften the pool bed, not sure if that is possible but it seems quite porous.
    FOXXX 27x41 lagoon, vinyl

4. Back To Top    #4

When I had a pool builder replace my liner, they spent quite a bit of time sterilizing everything with liquid chlorine. They also evened out the bed and strengthened any weak areas. Your guys should do the same. I would share your concerns with them in a non-confrontational manner.