Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leak Repair at Filter Pump

1. Back To Top    #1
    Mesa, AZ

Leak Repair at Filter Pump

I have a leak where the threaded pipe enters the filter pump. All of the plumbing is extremely tight and I am trying to figure out the best way possible to effect the repair. Any input is appreciated.FilterConnection.jpgPoolPlumbing1.jpgPoolPlumbingFront.jpgPoolPlumbingTop.jpg
    24,000 Gallon, Pebble Finish, Inground Pool, Hayward DE6020 Filter, In Ground Pop Up Cleaning Heads

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Leak Repair at Filter Pump

The pipe you're measuring is the pump outlet. Is it leaking at the pump? I see some buildup on the backwash valve connection to the filter.

If it's at the filter, there's an O-ring behind that big nut screwed on the side of the tank.
    If it's at the pump and you need to cut pipes, my suggestion is to cut it at the backwash valve. That connection is dual-diameter. You're using what looks like 1" pipe on the inside. A 2" coupling will fit on the outside, and then somewhere along the way you can install a reducer bushing to take it down to 1" as you reconstruct the pipe. If there's room, try and install a Union so you don't have to cut everything if there's any problems in the future.

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!