Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Did I get the right sand and salt?

1. Back To Top    #1

Did I get the right sand and salt?

Local HD did not have filter sand and ran out of pool salt, so I went to the pool store. I told them I needed #20 filter sand for intex sand filter, but it doesn't say that on the package. Also, the salt bag says it's very pure, but doesn't list the purity percentage. When I asked about it, the lady looked at me like I had just asked to purchase a swimming unicorn for my pool.

Intex Ultra 9'x18' AG, 2800 Gph .75hp pump, 77# sand filter, Intex ECO SWG, Hayward wide mouth skimmer, KK Lil Shark vacuum, Intex magnetic light, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Did I get the right sand and salt?

The sand look right, see the 20/40 markings those are the screen sizing, so should generally fit as #20 filter sand. On the Salt since there are pool related logos, etc on it I suspect it was marketed for pool use so you should be good, it may have a bit of extra markup on the price though
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! I'll sleep better tonight knowing I got something right for the pool.
    Intex Ultra 9'x18' AG, 2800 Gph .75hp pump, 77# sand filter, Intex ECO SWG, Hayward wide mouth skimmer, KK Lil Shark vacuum, Intex magnetic light, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by FunFinder View Post

Local HD did not have filter sand and ran out of pool salt, so I went to the pool store. I told them I needed #20 filter sand for intex sand filter, but it doesn't say that on the package. Also, the salt bag says it's very pure, but doesn't list the purity percentage. When I asked about it, the lady looked at me like I had just asked to purchase a swimming unicorn for my pool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    When you manage to find that swimming unicorn please let me know. My daughter would be in heaven!
    6425g Intex Ultraframe 18'x48" AG
    Stock 1500gph cartridge filter / Intex SWG CG-28669 with E.C.O.
    Install date: 5/26/2015
    TF-100
    Helpful Links

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba_Steve View Post
    When you manage to find that swimming unicorn please let me know. My daughter would be in heaven!
    Found one!